PuTTY Tray is an unofficial branch of PuTTY, the terminal program. It builds on an already excellent application adding many features that make significant improvements including the ability to minimize the application to the system tray and turn URLs into clickable links within the terminal window.
One of the original PuTTY Tray changes (portability) has been omitted because it was unnecessary and the code implementing it was problematic. A complete list of enhancements follows (with the abandoned change listed for history):
- New default icon
- Minimizing to the system tray (on CTRL + minimize, always or directly on startup)
- Application and tray icon customizable per connection
- Blinks tray icon when a bell signal is received
- URL hyperlinking
- Easy access to the always on top setting (in the system menu)
- Configurable window transparency based on an excellent transparency hack it can even use Windows Aero (if available)!
- Improved bold font handling when using Cleartype (e.g. Consolas) fonts
- Configurable auto-reconnect when your PC wakes up from stand-by or disconnection (like rebooting a remote server.)
[wpdm_file id=7 title=”true” ]